5 things I'm smiling about.

This past week has been hard. I mean, really hard. Combine my 21st coming up and no idea what I want to do for it, a dissertation deadline fast approaching, making plans to finally moving house on March 11th and a very ill me, I'm just thankful it's a friday. But not everything has been awful this week. Here are five things that have made me smile this week.

1. This man's acceptance speech. I didn't grow up with him, but I have read about him, I have watched youtube clips of him, and I have never seen someone accept a lifetime achievement emmy with such humility.

2. The friends that I have made on this place. The honesty that they show, the love that they display to eachother and the fun that they have.

3. This post. I don't think I've laughed so hard at one thing in a long time.

4. The finding of new blogs. The reaching across continents, across time zones and across worlds to connect with complete strangers. The looking up to people you've never met because the way that they do life inspires you to be a better person, better friend and better wife.

5. Fifth and finally, my Father. My Heavenly Father who I know loves me unconditionally despite the fact that every time He reaches a hand out to me, I turn away. I run. And I never stop running. I can accept love off Chris, because I know we are both sinners and our love is worthless. But His love? His love is unconditional, and is worth more than I can ever explain. <y prayers this week, and for the past few weeks have been lacking substance. They've been a plea for help, for realisation, rather than anything else. I trust that prayer works. I've seen prayer work. But I've not placed trust in my own prayers.
This girl loves her dad. Simple.

K.

No comments:

Post a Comment