"Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in every place you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as long as ever you can”

I was gifted those words on my last day of Sixth Form, along with the people I had called friends, before we departed for new worlds. Before we moved on, grew up, got jobs and created families. We are adults now. 21. We have responsibilities, bills to pay and deadlines to meet. It seems that in all our good intentions, good is left behind. We're stressed. We shout at eachother. We don't talk to eachother. The texts we send eachother are ignored, forgotten about. We forget to meet for coffee. We forget eachother's birthday. And then one day, we just forget.

We are created in God's image. We are created to be pro-active, to act on our callings and to build eachother up. An act of kindness every day can change the world. One nice text a day, to one friend, can mean the world. A "happy birthday", a "have a great day", whatever springs to mind. If they're ignored, they're ignored. If they're responded to, then brilliant. God has given us the need for relationships to glorify Him. There are two Bible passages that apply to this area for me: "No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us" (1 John 4:12) and "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another" (John 13:34). God is a God of love. He is a God of relationships and He is a God of communication.

This week, I feel that my lesson is definately relationships, and how I can build my relationships on strong foundations. What is your lesson this week?

K.

No comments:

Post a Comment